What is Corrective Exercise?
Corrective exercise begins with a movement assessment to observe the patterns the body is moving in. We observe and determine any imbalances or lack of mobility that could be affecting your performance and review your daily activity. Corrective exercises consist of self myofascial release (SMR), stretches for flexibility/mobility and targeted exercis to increase strength and balance in the body.
Benefits of Corrective Exercise:
- Alleviate aches and pains
- Enhance functional and athletic performance to improve results
- Reach fitness goals that have hit a plateau
- Reduce chance of injury
- Differentiate between quality movement and compensations
- Improve posture
- Improve strength and flexibility
How to utilize corrective exercise?
Corrective exercise can be integrated into warm ups, rest periods, or through the movement in your existing workout routine by modifying the form that is being used. This sometimes requires a second set of eyes like a workout buddy or personal trainer who knows what to watch for.